There are several books and tips for winning at blackjack, and it seems there are more and more tips that surface every so many years. Casinos are getting tighter on their security as well as profits as more and more people arrive in hopes of striking it big in winnings with their new tips they read in those books. Here are some tips to help increase your chances at winning.
• For beginners, consider playing online before you start betting with real money.
• Make sure you aren’t spending too much money so set yourself a budget. This will prevent you from spending too much money even in those “heat of the moment” times.
• If you get 2 5s, this means you’ve got 10 as a value and you should double down in this case. Ask for 1 card and if you ever split those 2 5s and end up with 2 10s you’ve got 2 bad hands that could have been a good hand and should you have doubled down, you would have had 20.
• You should never take insurance.
• You should hit when you have 16 even though the dealer may have a 7-ace. You may just get that 4 or 5 card you need as opposed to a face card.
• You shouldn’t surrender if you have a pair of 8 cards.
• Learn basic strategies of blackjack. Consider memorizing it based on the casino cards you are playing in. You shouldn’t steer away from the strategy once you begin playing.
• When choosing a table, consider one that has a bidding limit of 5% or less to ensure you can play longer while increasing your chances of winning a hand.
Blackjack takes a lot of skill to master, and is all based on the number 21. It’s often times thought of as being easy to win, but some people find it to be complicated. With these tips, you can help increase your odds of winning and you can also use the tips you find online and in books you read.